Now's your chance to show off your skills in NHL20 in a March Madness-style tournament! Fill out the form below to sign up, registration ends Friday, April 10th at 5 PM. Spots are limited, a maximum of 64 contestents per game system are allowed. The tournament will begin on Monday, April 13th and each round will have two days to have games be played. Each user must use the 19-20 Thunderbirds roster to create a level playing field (and because the T-Birds are the best, duh!)
Here are the tournament guidelines:
1. There are four 16-team single-elimination brackets per gaming system. The winners of the four brackets will meet in a single-elimination Final Four.
2. The host player should be the one listed on the top of the bracket. For example, the No. 1 team will host the No. 16 team in the brackets attached. If it’s easier for the other player to host, that’s fine as long as both sides agree. Seeding is not based on skill, only the order in which submissions were received.
3. Please follow these settings when hosting the games:
Game Mode: Online Versus
Period Length: 5 minutes
Game Type: Competitive
Icing: Hybrid Icing
Tie Break: Continuous Overtime
Control Goalie in Shootout: On
Teams: Thunderbirds 19-20 Roster Only
Position Lock: Off
4. When the game is completed, the winner should take a screenshot of the final summary section and send it to [email protected]. If there’s something remarkable to report about your game (four overtimes, Paul Thompson scores 12 goals, etc.), please feel free to include it.
5. You will have two days to contact your opponent and complete the game for each round. If there are circumstances that don’t allow for this, please let us know at [email protected].
6. Brackets and stats will be updated in the Fanzone section of the Thunderbirds website.